No matter where I am, in Italy or Canada there is one thing that I love to do and that is barbecue. The summer is the perfect time for grilling meat, veggies and fruit especially on Canada Day and the 4th of July.
Is there anything you can’t barbecue or grill?
Living in Italy I have discovered that vegetables can be at their absolute best grilled. Especially zucchini. These grilled zucchini are so amazing on their own, or better yet on a simple bruschetta, which is day-old Italian, crusty bread grilled and then drizzled with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
This is a very light and refreshing recipe which can also be a very good appetizer for a party, and we all know how great summer parties are. Serve with a glass of your favourite white wine, and invite over some of your favourite people. Buon Appetito!
- 2-3 zucchini
- ¼ cup (7½ grams) freshly chopped Italian parsley (if more if needed)
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- ½-1 teaspoon (2-4 grams) salt
- ¼ cup (30 grams) olive oil
- wash and trim zucchini, slice zucchini lengthwise (thin but not too thin), grill until tender (careful not to burn) for approximately 1-2 minutes on either side (can be grilled on a barbecue or a pan grill), remove grilled zucchini to a clean plate and continue until all zucchini are grilled.
- In a medium bowl layer zucchini, chopped garlic,chopped Italian parsley, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, continue with layers until all the zucchini is finished (I usually do 3 layers). Toss gently together, serve with simple bruschetta or Italian crusty bread. Enjoy!