As I continue with my cooking, baking, sauteing or anything else I can think of to use all the zucchini that are taking over my kitchen, this recipe zucchini parmigiano I have to admit, might just be one of the best, next to of course stuffed zucchini flowers that are absolutely out of this world.
Yesterday morning my two daughters and I went for a little walk in a beautiful town called Nemi, which is close by to the small town where we live. There are many reasons for which I love Nemi, the view is breathtaking, the cappuccino and cornetto (croissant) are so yummy, but most of all it is not nearly as hot there as the town where we live is.
So yes I came back just in time for the 100° (40° celsius) that everyone or almost everyone has been waiting for. Unfortunately I am not a hot weather person at all. So anywhere I can go to get cool I will go. And of course a delicious cappuccino and cornetto can’t hurt.
Back to this zucchini parmigiano recipe, this dish comes together fast and easy and the zucchini don’t become mushy like they sometimes tend to do in other recipes, and the cheese, oh how I love melted cheese! This zucchini parmigiano I hope will become a regular summer dish in your home too. Buon Appetito!
- 4-5 small tender zucchini
- ½ tablespoon (17 grams) salt
- flour (approximately ½ cup)
- 1¼ cups (200 grams) shredded firm mozzarella
- 1 cup (150 grams) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius)
- Trim zucchini, then slice lengthwise (not too thick), place zucchini slices in a large bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of salt, leave for 5 minutes, then rinse and drain.
- Dredge the zucchini slices lightly in flour.
- Grease lightly a small to medium ( I used 10 x 8"/27 x 21 centimeter) baking dish. Do 3 layers, start with zucchini then mozzarella and sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, continue for 3 layers. Bake in pre-heated over for approximately 25 minutes. Let sit 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!