Turkey Pasta Skillet
Turkey Pasta Skillet, a healthy, fast and easy leftover turkey or chicken skillet recipe, perfect weeknight or weekend meal.
- 3 cups cooked Pasta short
- 1 cup chopped turkey or chicken
- 1 small pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes seeded and cubed, or 2-3 canned Marzano tomatoes seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoon white wine if desired
In a large pot of salted boiling water cooked pasta al dente. Drain (do not throw out all the water)
While pasta is cooking, in a large pan on medium heat add olive oil, onions, sliced pepper , mushrooms, oregano, basil and salt, cook for approximately 10 minutes stirring occasionally, then add white wine, turn up heat to high and cook until it evaporates approximately 2 minutes, turn heat down to medium, add chopped tomatoes and cook for approximately 3 minutes stirring occasionally, add cooked turkey (or chicken) heat thoroughly, (taste for salt) add pasta and 1/2 a ladle of pasta water, cook for approximately 1-2 minutes stirring often. Serve immediately, Enjoy!