Homemade Cinnamon Buns
Homemade Cinnamon Buns, easy soft delicious cinnamon buns, the perfect breakfast or snack sweet bread recipe, delicious plain or glazed.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 12 servings
- PASTRY DOUGH
- 2 1/2 cups flour 300 grams
- 2 tablespoons butter softened 30 grams
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1.40 grams
- 1 3/4 teaspoon yeast 5 grams
- 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 ml
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar 40 grams
- 1/2 cup + 1/2 tablespoon milk 125 ml, warm to a little warmer than room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar 200 grams
- 1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons Cinnamon 3.9 - 5.2 grams
- 1/3 cup butter softened 83 grams
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar/icing sugar 55 grams, you may need more depending on how thick you like it
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 2.5 grams
- 1 tablespoon cream 15 grams
- 1 tablespoon milk 15 grams
In a small bowl whisk together brown sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
In a large bowl whisk together flour,salt and sugar, add yeast and mix gently, make a well in the middle and add egg, butter and vanilla, mix with a fork, slowly add milk (warm to a little bit warmer than room temperature). Continue to mix with a fork until it is almost all together.
Then move to a lightly floured flat surface and knead for approximately 15 minutes or until dough becomes smooth and elastic. Form into a ball, cover with plastic and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
Remove from fridge and roll into approximately 16 x 11 inch (41 x 29 centimeter) rectangle, spread with softened butter (leave a little bit of an edge uncovered), sprinkle with sugar/cinnamon filling, roll up long side and slice into 12 slices, place slices cut side up in a parchment paper lined 9 1/2 inch (24 centimeter) cake pan, leaving them slightly apart, cover well with a tea towel (I use a folded up tablecloth) and let rise 2 hours in a draft free warm area.
In a small bowl mix together until smooth, icing sugar, vanilla, cream and milk should be quite thick. (if you want it thicker add more powdered sugar/icing sugar)
Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celcius).
Bake in oven for approximately 30-35 minutes (test with a toothpick). Remove from oven and let cool completely before icing or eat warm. Enjoy!