Baked Macaroni Double Cheese
A fast, easy and Creamy Double Cheese Macaroni Dish.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 6 people
- 5 cups cooked macaroni
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or firm mozzarella)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (or panko crumbs)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped Italian parsley
Pre-heat oven to 400° (200° celsius). Grease well a medium-sized baking pan 10 x 8 inches (26 x 20 centimeters) or use an oven safe skillet.
In a small bowl mix together bread crumbs,1 1/2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley, set aside.
In a large pot over low-medium heat, melt butter, add flour and salt, whisk well together, then add mustard and milk, whisk until smooth and thickened (once mixture comes to a low boil, cooke 20 seconds) then add cheddar and Parmesan cheese, stir until almost completely melted, add macaroni and gently stir to combine, pour into prepared baking pan, top with cracker crumb mixture, bake until browned, approximately 25 minutes. Let sit 3-5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!