Italian Pan Fried Tomatoes
Italian Pan Fried Tomatoes, the perfect appetizer or side dish , a quick, easy, healthy recipe. Vegan, vegetarian, low carb and gluten free.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time25 mins
- 6 plum/San Marzano tomatoes sliced lengthwise and seeded, small
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 30 grams
- 1 teaspoon oregano 1 gram
- 1 teaspoon basil 1 gram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1.4 grams
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 sprigs rosemary (leaves removed and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for drizzling 30 grams
- 5-6 leaves fresh basil chopped
In a medium to large non stick frying pan add 1-2 tablespoons olive oil, place tomatoes in pan cut side up, sprinkle with oregano, basil, salt, chopped garlic and rosemary leaves, drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
Cover and cook on medium low heat for approximately 10 minutes, remove cover and squish tomatoes with a fork, continue to cook uncovered until all moisture has evaporated and until tomatoes are browned underneath (I love to cook them until they are almost black underneath). Top with freshly chopped basil and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Calories: 144kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 150mg | Potassium: 220mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 810IU | Vitamin C: 13.2mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 0.4mg