Fresh Tomatoes & Sausage Pasta
Pasta with Italian Sausage and Fresh Tomatoes is a delicious fast and easy Italian Pasta recipe, a perfect skillet healthy comfort food dish.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 20-25 cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 Italian sausages (casing removed and chopped into small pieces)
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 4-5 leaves fresh basil
- 1-2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 pinches hot pepper flakes if desired
- 1-2 pinches fresh thyme
- 3 cups cooked short pasta (approximately 1 1/2 -2 cups dry)
- freshly grated Parmesan Cheese if desired
In a large pot boil water, add salt and cook pasta al dente.
While the water is boiling, in a large frying pan add olive oil, sausage pieces, tomatoes, oregano, basil, garlic, hot pepper flakes, salt and thyme, stir together, and cook, stirring occasionally on medium heat.
Continue cooking until liquid (from the tomatoes) has evaporated and tomatoes are soft and a little bit shrivelled and sausage is cooked. Add drained cooked pasta and 1/2 a ladle of pasta water, turn heat to medium high and gently stir until mixture is creamy and water has evaporated, serve immediately with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped basil. Enjoy!
Calories: 470kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 560mg | Potassium: 389mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 735IU | Vitamin C: 13.4mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1.6mg