Italian Baked Fish Marinara
Baked Fish Marinara, a healthy fresh tomato sauce goes perfect with this delicious Italian fish bake. A fast and easy weeknight meal.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 fish fillet (I used flounder, frozen fish can be used, de-frost and towel dry before baking)
- 10-14 small roma tomatoes (seeded and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash hot pepper flakes if desired
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley 7 grams
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil for drizzling
Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius)
In a medium bowl add, cut up seeded tomatoes, oregano, basil, salt, hot pepper flakes, Italian parsley and 2 1/2 tablespoons (37 grams) olive oil. Mix gently to combine.
Line a medium to large baking pan with a large enough piece of parchment paper (large enough to fold over the fish), line fish fillet (they can be touching) top fish with tomato mixture, drizzle with 1 tablespoon (15 grams) olive oil and fold the parchment paper to cover the fish.
Bake in the oven for approximately 20-25 minutes. Uncover and drain excess water, raise heat to 400° (200° celsius) and continue to bake for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Calories: 139kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 156mg | Potassium: 388mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 1605IU | Vitamin C: 26.2mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 0.8mg