Easy Italian Mushroom Fettuccine
This Easy Italian Mushroom Fettuccine is a tasty Italian Pasta Dish, fresh herbs make this simple dish delicious and perfect, made the Classic Italian way.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 2 cups galletti mushrooms chopped , (also known as chanterelles or finferli mushrooms) (200 grams)
- 1 cup white mushrooms chopped* (100 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more or less)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (50 grams)
- 1-2 clove garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley (7 grams)
- 1-2 pinches hot pepper flakes if desired
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 cups cooked fettuccine** (500-600 grams)
* To clean mushrooms: use a damp cloth or paper towel to gently brush any dirt off the mushroomstrim up to 1/4 from the bottom of any stems that appear discoloured, soggy, or not completely fresh, if you must rinse quickly with cold water never warm or hot.
**Fettuccine can be dried or a fresh egg pasta.
In a large saucepan add olive oil, mushrooms, salt, garlic, chopped Italian parsley, hot pepper flakes and water. Cook on medium heat for approximately 20-25 minutes, until mushrooms are tender and water has evaporated.
While mushrooms are cooking cook the fettuccine in boiling salted water until al dente, drain then add to the cooked mushrooms along with half a ladle of pasta water. Cook on medium heat while tossing until water has evaporated and becomes almost creamy. Serve immediately. Top with freshly grated parmesan or pecorino cheese if desired. Enjoy!
Calories: 243kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 157mg | Potassium: 282mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 330IU | Vitamin C: 5.7mg | Calcium: 14mg | Iron: 1mg