Zucchini cream cheese pasta
Zucchini Cream Cheese Pasta, an easy, creamy and delicious pasta recipe, made with light cream cheese.A Healthy, fast vegetarian pasta dish.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 3 small to medium sized zucchini diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 26 grams
- 1/2 cup cream cheese light 125 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano 1/4 gram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 grams
- 1/4 teaspoon parsley 1/4 gram
- 1/2 cup water 125 grams
- 3 cups cooked penne pasta, approximately 1 3/4 - 2 cups dried (200-275 grams) 400-490 grams
- fresh parsley for garnishing
In a medium- sized pan add the olive oil, add the zucchini, oregano, salt, parsley and water, cook stirring occasionally until water has evaporated and zucchini is tender and lightly browned.
While zucchini is cooking, cook pasta al dente in boiling salted water. When zucchini is done, add cream cheese and 1/4 ladle full of salted pasta water, mix gently until zucchini and cream cheese are well combined and creamy, immediately add cooked pasta, gently mix and serve immediately. Top with chopped fresh parsley if desired. Enjoy!