Peaches and Cream Roll Bread
Peaches and Cream Roll Bread, is a delicious breakfast, snack or dessert yeast bread, made with sliced peaches and cream cheese.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
SWEET DOUGH BREAD
- 2 1/2 cups flour 300 grams
- 2 tablespoons butter softened 30 grams
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1.40 grams
- 1 3/4 teaspoon yeast 5 grams
- 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 ml
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar 40 grams
- 1/2 cup + 1/2 tablespoon milk 125 m(warm to a little warmer than room temperature
- 2 whole peaches thinly sliced fresh or canned
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice 7.5 grams
- 1/2 cup sugar 112.5 grams
- 1/4 cup brown sugar 50 grams
- 1 tablespoon corn starch 8 grams
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 2 1/4 tablespoons cream whole or whipping cream (more or less depending on desired thickness) 34 grams
- 4 ounces cream cheese (room temperature) 100 grams
- 1/2 cup powdered / icing sugar 55 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 2.1 grams
SWEET DOUGH BREAD
In a large bowl whisk together flour, salt and sugar, add yeast and mix gently, make a well in the middle and add egg, butter and vanilla, mix with a fork, slowly add milk (warm to a little bit warmer than room temperature). Continue to mix with a fork until it is almost all together.
Then move to a lightly floured flat surface and knead for approximately 15 minutes or until dough becomes smooth and elastic. Form into a ball, cover with plastic and refrigerate for 40 minutes.
Remove from fridge and roll into approximately 9 x 13 inch (22 x 33 centimeters) rectangle, spread with 3 tablespoons softened butter (leave a little bit of an edge uncovered), spread with peach mixture, roll up starting at short end. Place seam side down in 10 or 11 inch (25-27 centimeters) loaf pan. Cover well with a tea towel (I use a folded up tablecloth) and let rise 2 hours in a draft free warm area.
PUTTING IT TOGETHER
Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celcius).
Before baking brush the dough with a little milk, then bake in the oven for approximately 45-50 minutes (test with a toothpick). Remove from oven and let cool completely before frosting. Enjoy!
Calories: 153kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 62mg | Potassium: 55mg | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1.1mg