Easy Homemade Italian Fish Soup
Easy Italian Fish Soup, a fast, healthy Italian soup. Full of fish,cod and seafood, the perfect family dinner, spicy or not.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound cut up assorted fish (eg. shrimp,prawns, cod, haddock, calamari, mussels, clams etc)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic chopped
- hot pepper flakes to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup tomato puree
- 1 1/4 -1 1/2 cups water (depending on how thick you want it, more soup or stew)
- salt to taste I added a pinch
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 4 slices thick Italian crust bread grilled or plain
In a large pot add olive oil, garlic and hot pepper flakes, heat on medium for one minute and then flatten with a fork.
Add cut up assorted fish, cook one minute. Add white wine and cook on medium-high for approximately 3 minutes. Add tomato puree and water, oregano, basil, salt to taste and fresh parsley, stir to combine.
Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a low simmer for approximately 30 minutes and until thickened. Serve over grilled crusty Italian bread or with crusty Italian bread. Enjoy!