Lots of Fresh Basil Tomato Sauce
An easy Homemade Fresh Basil Tomato Sauce, makes the perfect Pasta Sauce for any day of the week. Simple, Healthy and Delicious.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup fresh basil chopped (21 grams)
- 1 can pelati (peeled) tomatoes, chop if whole (do not discard liquid) (no additions) 14.1 ounces (400 grams)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -2 cloves garlic chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon salt
- hot pepper flakes to taste
- 1/4 cup water (60 grams)
- 3 cups cooked pasta (short eg rigatoni, penne)* (750 grams)
About 1 1/2 - 2 cups (168 - 224 grams) dry pasta.
In a large pot boil water, add salt and cook pasta al dente.
While water is boiling, in a large pan add olive oil, garlic, can of tomatoes, oregano, salt, hot pepper flakes, fresh chopped basil and water, cook on medium heat until thickened.
Add the drained cooked pasta and half a ladle of pasta water, raise the heat and while gently stirring constantly, cook for approximately 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve immediately with chopped fresh basil and grated Parmesan Cheese. Enjoy!
Calories: 264kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 576mg | Potassium: 419mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 535IU | Vitamin C: 10.6mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2.3mg