Chocolate Salame, a fast, easy, no bake, Italian sweet dessert or snack. The perfect Easter or any time treat.
Prep Time15 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings: 1 salame
- 1 1/2 cups broken social tea biscuits (145 grams)
- 7 tablespoons butter soft (100 grams)
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar (75 grams)
- 3 1/2 ounces good quality dark chocolate (melted) (100 grams)
- 1/2 cup cocoa (unsweetened) (50 grams)
- 2 tablespoons milk (30 grams)
- 2 eggs**
In a medium bowl, beat until creamy butter, add sugar and milk and combine, add melted chocolate and cocoa and combine, then add eggs beat together, fold in broken cookies. On a large piece of parchment paper place mixture and roll into a log shape, wrap with paper and refrigerate approximately 2-3 hours or overnight. Before serving, roll in icing/powdered sugar. Slice and serve. Enjoy!** For the replacement of raw eggs, you can try using a product called Egg Replacer or there are now pasteurized egg products and pasteurized eggs available.***You could also replace the eggs with extra milk 2-3 tablespoons more.
Calories: 1791kcal | Carbohydrates: 130g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 139g | Saturated Fat: 82g | Cholesterol: 546mg | Sodium: 929mg | Potassium: 1525mg | Fiber: 25g | Sugar: 78g | Vitamin A: 2925IU | Calcium: 234mg | Iron: 19.6mg