Italian Lemon Sorbet Drink
Italian Lemon Sorbet Drink, a delicious traditional Italian digestive middle of dinner drink. Creamy Lemony and so good.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh squeezed) (200 ml)
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons water (200 ml)
- 2 egg whites **
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar (66 grams)
- 1/4 cup powdered / icing sugar (50 grams)
- 2 tablespoons vodka (if desired)
- peel of 1 lemon (no white part)
In a small pot boil water and granulated sugar on low heat, stirring constantly until the sugar dissolves completely and the mixture is clear, approximately 5 minutes. Add the peel, stir and let cool completely. (the syrup)
In a large bowl beat egg whites and powdered sugar until stiff, fold in a little at a time the lemon juice, syrup and vodka if using.
Pour into a plastic or freezer safe bowl and freeze for at least 8 hours, stirring 2-3 times to combine.
Before serving blend in a blender and serve immediately. Pour any left overs in a bottle, keep in freezer and shake well before serving. Enjoy!
Calories: 85kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 1g | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 47mg | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin C: 14.3% | Calcium: 0.2%