Peach Upside Down Cake
Peach Upside Down Cake is an easy summertime Homemade dessert recipe. Made with fresh or canned peaches, a little ice cream and it's perfect.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 8 servings
- 1/4 cup butter (softened) (56.7 grams)
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar (112.50 grams)
- 23 slices of peaches (3 or 4 peaches or 1 small can drained)
- 1/4 cup butter (70.8 grams)
- 1/2 cup white sugar (100 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon almond flavouring
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cake flour ** (106 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk (40.625 grams)
In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
In a medium bowl cream butter, sugar and almond flavouring, add egg and beat until light and fluffy, add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beat on low until combined.
Spoon and spread evenly over peach slices. Bake for approximately 40-45 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes and then flip onto a cake plate, serve warm, with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired. Enjoy!
**to make Cake flour, place one cup of all purpose flour in a bowl, remove 2 tablespoons and replace with 2 tablespoons of corn starch. Whisk well to combine.
Calories: 440kcal | Carbohydrates: 79g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 190mg | Potassium: 946mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 62g | Vitamin A: 1800IU | Vitamin C: 28.5mg | Calcium: 87mg | Iron: 1.5mg