Slow Cooker Italian Meatball Soup
Italian Meatball Soup made in a slow cooker, a delicious comfort soup filled with lots of vegetables and mini meatballs. An easy tasty Italian spiced fall or winter soup.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 2 medium potatoes (chopped)
- 3 ripe tomatoes (seeded and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley (minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 4 cups vegetable broth (homemade or store bought)
- hot pepper flakes (if desired)
- 3-4 slices day old bread (crusts removed) (I use 3 slices Italian crusty bread)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
In a small bowl soak bread in water for 1 minute, then squeeze out moisture and crumble. In a medium bowl combine bread with remaining ingredients and mix well. Form into small balls (mini balls). In a medium frying pan add two tablespoons of olive oil, brown meatballs on all sides.
Using a slotted spoon transfer the meatballs to the slow cooker, then add the chopped carrots, onion, celery, potatoes and tomatoes, add the spices and broth.
Gently stir to combine, turn temperature to high and let cook for approximately 4 hours, stir occasionally (or 7-8 hours on low). Enjoy!
Calories: 230kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 1378mg | Potassium: 570mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 91.3% | Vitamin C: 14.5% | Calcium: 15.5% | Iron: 17.3%