Toffee Caramel No-Bake Cheesecake
This decadent No-Bake Cheesecake with an easy Caramel Drizzle and crushed Toffee Chocolate Bars is so creamy and delicious it will be your new favourite dessert!
Prep Time15 mins
Chilling Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs **
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup powdered / icing sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole / whipping cream
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- 1 tablespoon gelatine
- 2 tablespoons milk
- caramel sauce (as much as desired)
- 1 cup broken chocolate caramel bars
** I like to use digestive cookies, although I found savoiardi (lady fingers) a really good alternative and graham cracker crumbs work also.
Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter, press down on the bottom of a 7 - 8 inch (17 - 20 cm) springform cake pan (or line a regular cake pan with parchment paper). Place in the refrigerator for at least 20 - 30 minutes.
In a medium bowl beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until creamy, set aside.
Beat cold cream until stiff peaks appear, set aside.
In a small pot add the 2 tablespoons of milk and sprinkle the 1 tablespoon of gelatine on top, let stand one minute, then place the pot on low heat and heat just until the gelatine has dissolved whisk until smooth, do not boil, then immediately remove from heat.
Immediately add a couple of tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture to the gelatine mixture and stir gently to combine, then fold the gelatine mixture into the bowl of the remaining cream cheese mixture.
Remove the cookie base from the fridge, add the cheesecake filling on top, smoothing the top with a knife or spatula, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4-5 hours or better over night.
Before serving drizzle with caramel sauce and top with broken skor bars, serve. Enjoy!
If you want you can leave out the gelatine. The cheesecake won't be as firm, you may want to place it in the freezer for about 15 minutes before serving. Follow the instructions as below.
- Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter, press down on the bottom of a 7-8 inch springform cake pan (or line a regular cake pan with plastic wrap). Place in refrigerator for at least 20 - 30 minutes.
- Beat cold cream until stiff peaks appear, set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream and mix well combined. Fold in the toffee bits.
- Remove the cookie base from the fridge, pour the cheesecake filling on top, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4-5 hours or better still over night.
- Before serving drizzle with caramel sauce and top with broken chocolate caramel bars, serve. Enjoy!
Calories: 461kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 90mg | Sodium: 251mg | Potassium: 80mg | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 1010IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 0.6mg