Homemade Fresh Strawberry Bread
Strawberry Bread a delicious Homemade sweet loaf made with fresh strawberries and topped with a creamy strawberry glaze. The perfect Summer Quick Bread.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time55 mins
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 cup mascarpone
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 eggs (remove from fridge 30 minutes before using)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use corn or sunflower)
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/3 cup pureed strawberries (approximately 3 large strawberries)
- 1/3 cup cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Grease and flour an 8-8 1/2 inch (20-22 centimeter) loaf pan. Pre heat oven to 350F (180C).
In a large bowl beat mascarpone and sugar until creamy, then add the eggs one at a time and beat, add oil and beat to combine. Add flour, beat then add baking powder and beat until smooth (1 minute), fold in chopped strawberries.
Spoon into loaf pan and bake for approximately 45-55 minutes, test for doneness with a toothpick. Let cool completely before frosting or dusting with powdered sugar.
In a blender puree the strawberries and sugar then whisk in the cream cheese, combine until creamy, if you want a thinner frosting then add a little more strawberry puree or a little cream or milk. Frost cooled Strawberry Bread. Enjoy.
Calories: 361kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 17g | Cholesterol: 79mg | Sodium: 56mg | Potassium: 144mg | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Vitamin C: 13.4mg | Calcium: 78mg | Iron: 1.3mg