Italian Apple Cake
Italian Apple Cake, a moist soft full of chopped apples anytime cake. A perfect Breakfast, Snack or even Dessert Cake.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time45 mins
Servings: 12 servings
- 2-3 medium apples (chopped medium or large)
- Juice from half a lemon (or 1 tablespoon if you want less lemon taste)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup regular yogurt (not flavoured)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use corn oil)
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch salt
- zest 1/2 lemon
- 2-3 tablespoons powdered / icing sugar (for dusting on the cake)
Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C), grease and flour a nine inch (23 cm) bundt pan (a cake pan would work too).
In a medium bowl add the chopped apples and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
In a large bowl beat the eggs and sugar until creamy and light approximately 3-4 minutes. Then add the yogurt and oil, sift the flour, corn starch, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the bowl add the zest then beat until combined.
Fold in the apples, spoon into the prepared cake pan, sprinkle with a couple of tablespoons of granulated sugar and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes (check for doneness with a toothpick). Let cool completely before removing from pan. Dust with powdered sugar if desired. Enjoy!
Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 44mg | Potassium: 163mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 1.2mg