My Scientific Italian Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Italian Chocolate Bundt Cake, an easy soft moist Chocolate Ciambellone sprinkled with Chocolate Chips. Serve it plain or dusted with powdered sugar.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time35 mins
Total Time50 mins
Servings: 10 servings
- 1 1/4 cups + 2 tablespoons cake flour* (180 grams)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa (25 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon plain yogurt** (75 grams)
- 1/4 cup milk (I use 2%) (60 grams)
- 1 egg
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup granulated sugar (200 grams)
- 1/4 cup + 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used corn oil) (85 grams)
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (dark or milk or mixed) mixed with 1 teaspoon of flour (60 grams)
*If you don't have cake flour substitute with 1 cup + 3 tablespoons all purpose flour and 3 tablespoons of cornstarch.
**You can substitute with Greek yogurt but use only 1/4 cup (60 grams)
Pre heat oven to 350F (180C). Grease and flour a 9 inch (23 cm) Bundt / Tube Pan.
Sift together the flour (corn starch if substituting), cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a small bowl mix together the yogurt and milk. Set aside.
In a large bowl beat together the egg and yolks, sugar, vanilla and sugar until light approximately 5 minutes, then slowly add the oil and beat to combine. Alternately add the dry ingredients with the yogurt/milk mixture. Beat to combine 1 minute.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan, sprinkle with chocolate chips (mixed with 1 teaspoon of flour) and bake for approximately 35-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool then remove from pan. Dust with powdered sugar if desired before serving. Enjoy!
Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 174mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 0.7mg