Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Too many ripe Bananas? Why not make these soft Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies. Easy to make drop cookies will become everyone's new favourite!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time22 mins
Servings: 10 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups flour (162.50 grams)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup butter (softened) (66 grams)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar (55 grams)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (50 grams)
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (about 1 1/2 medium bananas very ripe)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (60 grams)
- 1/3 cup chopped nuts (pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts) (42 grams)
Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C), lightly grease a cookie sheet.
In a medium bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder.
In a large bowl beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy approximately 5 minutes, then add the egg, banana and vanilla beat to combine. Add the whisked flour mixture a little at a time and combine with a wooden spoon or spatula. Then stir in the chocolate chips and chopped nuts.
Drop by spoonfuls on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for approximately 12-15 minutes. Enjoy!
Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 66mg | Potassium: 114mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 225IU | Vitamin C: 0.7mg | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 1.1mg