Easy Pumpkin Butter
Pumpkin Butter, a delicious recipe made with just five ingredients. Perfect as a spread or even added to some delicious fall recipes.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 2 cups
- 2 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (560 grams)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons apple juice (160 grams)
- 5 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
In a large pot* add the pumpkin puree, apple juice, sugar, maple syrup and spices, stir to combine.
Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer (stirring often) 25-30 minutes or until thickened and darkened in colour.
Remove the pot from the heat and let sit for about 10 minutes before moving to a container or bowl. Let cool completely before consuming.
*A medium to large high sided pot is the best, since the mixture does tend to spit.
Calories: 389kcal | Carbohydrates: 97g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 25mg | Potassium: 770mg | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 79g | Vitamin A: 47662IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 5mg