Chunky Thick Italian Beef Stew
The Perfect cold evening comfort food.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time45 mins
Total Time1 hr 5 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 1 lb . stewing beef 500 grams, cut into 1/2-1 inch cubes
- 3/4 cup of tomato puree 204 grams
- 2 1/2 cups water 575 grams
- 1 bouillon cube if desired I used a vegetable cube
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 2 3/4 grams
- 1 teaspoon basil 1 gram
- 1 teaspoon oregano 1 gram
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-2 cloves of garlic sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil 27.6 grams
- 1 1/2 cups peas 225 grams, frozen
- 2 medium potatoes chopped
- 2-3 medium-large carrots chopped large
- hot pepper flakes to taste if desired
Dredge beef chunks well in flour.
In a large pot add 2 tablespoons olive oil, floured beef chunks and brown.
Add garlic, tomato puree, salt, basil, oregano, bay leaf,hot pepper flakes, water,bouillon cube, carrots, peas and potatoes cover and bring to a boil on medium-high heat, lower heat, 1/4 uncover and simmer for approximately 30 minutes (until veggies are tender) uncover and raise heat cook until desired thickness. Serve immediately with Italian crusty bread. Enjoy!