Italian Crockpot Two Bean Chili Soup
**For the Cannellini and Borlotti beans if you prefer you can always use dried beans, but remember to do an overnight soak and drain and rinse. If you use dried add both beans to pot from the beginning of cooking time.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time5 hrs
Total Time5 hrs 15 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound lean ground beef 450 grams
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil 21 grams
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce 30 ml
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 can chopped tomatoes or San Marzano or chop yourself 400 grams
- 1 can Cannellini beans ** or 2/3 cup dried 400,
- 2 cups frozen borlotti beans ** or 2/3 cup dried 300 grams
- hot pepper flakes to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1.4 grams
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 1/4 cups water 528 grams
In a small frying pan add olive oil, chopped onion and garlic, sauté on medium until onion becomes transparent.
In a medium to large pot boil ground beef until browned, drain well.
Transfer all the small frying pan ingredients (including drippings) and drained ground beef to crock pot, then add Worcestershire sauce, tomatoes, frozen borlotti beans, hot pepper flakes, salt, chopped carrot, celery, and water. Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours, in the last 30 minutes add can of Cannellini beans (also taste for salt). Serve hot, topped with favourite cheese and some crusty bread. Enjoy!