Italian Breaded Eggplant
Italian Breaded Eggplant, an easy and so delicious side dish or appetizer, sliced eggplant lightly fried in a yummy Parmesan breadcrumb mix.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 4 people
- 2-3 round or long eggplant (young and firm), slice into 1/4 inch more less thick, (no need to peel)
- 1 teaspoon salt 5.64 grams
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs 60 grams
- 1 1/2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese 7 1/2 grams
- 2/3 cup flour 80 grams
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil for frying 50 grams
Place sliced eggplant in a large bowl and toss with salt, let sit for 20 minutes. Then drain, but do not rinse.
In a small plate mix bread crumbs and parmesan cheese, in another plate beat eggs well, in a third plate add flour.
Dip slices of eggplant first in flour, then egg, then coat well with breadcrumb mixture.
Fry in hot oil a couple of minutes on each side until golden. Drain on a paper towel lined plate. Serve. (sprinkle with additional salt if desired). Enjoy!
Calories: 326kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 258mg | Potassium: 587mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 2mg