Prosciutto and Bean Soup
Prosciutto and Bean Soup a delicious Italian comfort soup, perfect to keep out the cold.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time1 hr 30 mins
Total Time1 hr 50 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 cups chopped prosciutto 280 grams
- 2 cups beans (3/4 cup dried soaked overnight or 8-12 hours)
- 2 cups tomato puree 453 grams
- 2 tablespoon olive oil 26 grams
- 2 ladles bean water
- 3/4 cup water 177 grams
- 1-2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano 3/4 gram
- 1 teaspoon basil 3/4 gram
- 1-2 pinches hot pepper flakes
In a medium pot add beans and fill with water to cover, cook on medium heat till tender.
In a medium pot add prosciutto cubes fill with water to cover and cook on medium for approximately 30 minutes, drain.
In a medium to large pot add olive oil, garlic, puree, water, oregano, basil, hot pepper flakes, prosciutto, beans and 2 ladles of bean water. Stir to combine and cook on low to medium till sauce thickens. Serve with crusty Italian bread, Enjoy!
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 21g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 45mg | Potassium: 621mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 445IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 3.4mg