Chocolate chip muffins
Amazing chocolate chip muffins with a crumb topping.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 187 1/2 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 5 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 5 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon salt 3 grams
- 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips 45 grams
- 3/4 cup sugar 170 grams
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter melted 80 grams
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk 91 ml
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar 50 grams
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour 12 grams
- 1/2 tablespoon butter softened 7 grams
Heat oven to 400° (200° c) degrees, prepare muffin tins (I made 9 muffins and I filled the tins to the top),
To make the topping, in a small bowl combine sugar and flour cut in butter and mix till mixture resembles large crumbs, set aside.
In large bowl using a whisk, whisk together for about 30 seconds flour, baking soda,baking powder and salt, then add mini chocolate chips, stirring gently to combine.
In a medium bowl beat together on medium speed for about 1 minute, egg, sugar, melted butter and milk.
Fold the mixture from the medium bowl into the large bowl just until combined.
Spoon the batter (batter will be thick) into prepared muffin tins (I lined my tins with cupcake liners). Sprinkle with topping. Bake approximately 15-20 minutes, check for doneness with a toothpick. Let cool and enjoy!
Calories: 270kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 39mg | Sodium: 332mg | Potassium: 91mg | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 280IU | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1.3mg