Mushroom Cream Cheese Spread
A fast and easy fresh mushroom dip or spread, serve with crackers, bread or bruschetta. The Perfect appetizer.
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time20 mins
Servings: 1 cup
- 2 cups finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon salt 5.64 grams
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil 6.8 grams
- 1-2 sprigs freshly chopped Italian parsley
- dash of oregano
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cream cheese 50 grams
In a medium bowl combine, chopped mushrooms, salt and lemon juice, stir gently to combine, let sit for approximately 30 minutes.
Drain well and squeeze out excess moisture but do not rinse.
Place back in bowl and add olive oil, chopped parsley, oregano and cream cheese, fold gently to combine. Chill for approximately 30 minutes if desired or even overnight. Serve with crackers, bruschetta or Crusty Italian Bread. Enjoy