This easy One Pan Veggies & Italian Sausage Recipe makes the perfect quick and easy dinner idea. Perfect for weekday or even weekend meals. All your favourite vegetables cooked with some spicy or regular sausages!
If there is one thing about Italian Sausages its that they are amazing in so many different recipes. From Pasta to Pizza and perfect with your favourite combination of vegetables. Almost an Italian Stir Fry! We were all very spoiled when we got to eat my mother and father-in-law’s homemade sausages. Nothing like them!
How to make it
Slice the vegetables of choice.
Then in a large skillet add the olive oil, garlic, sliced vegetables, salt, pepper and spices mix together and add the Italian sausages.
Cover and cook on low then uncover raise the heat and cook until the sausages are cooked through and vegetables are cooked to desired doneness.
What are the best vegetables to use
I like to use peppers, onions, mushrooms, broccoli, grape tomatoes. I think almost all vegetables would work, even green beans. If you want to add some greens I would add them at the last minute of cooking so they don’t get all mushy.
What is the difference between Italian and Regular Sausages?
Italian sausage is basically regular pork sausage with different seasonings, such as fennel and garlic. Hot sausages will have some hot pepper flakes added. I also find they are larger than regular sausages, which makes them perfect for a stir fry.
How to store it
Any leftovers should be stored in the fridge in an air tight container. They will last up to 3-4 days. They can be re-heated on the stove or in the microwave.
So if you are looking for a quick and easy meal and you love Italian Sausages as much as we do then I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think! And don’t forget the crusty Italian bread on the side. Buon Appetito.
One Pan Veggies & Italian Sausage Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic minced
- 1-2 large bell peppers sliced
- 1-2 medium zucchini sliced
- 10 grape or cherry tomatoes halved
- 2 medium onion sliced
- 1 ½-2 cups sliced mushrooms
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1-2 dashes black pepper or hot pepper flakes (if desired)
- ½-1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley finely chopped
- 4 Italian sausages (hot or mild)
- In a large skillet add the olive oil, garlic, sliced peppers, zucchini, grape tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, salt, pepper, oregano and parsley mix together then add the Italian sausages. Cover and cook on low heat, gently combine once or twice while cooking.
- Uncover, then raise the heat to medium and cook until the sausages are cooked through and vegetables are cooked to desired doneness. Serve immediately. Enjoy!