This easy No Yeast Bread is perfect when you don’t have time for a traditional yeast bread or you don’t have any yeast. It’s delicious plain or even toasted. Made in a one bowl so clean up is a breeze! No need to live without bread!
Homemade No Yeast Bread
So it seems we are getting to the point where it is extremely difficult to find yeast, so what’s the next best thing? Yup bread without yeast, so why not make a Sourdough Starter and while you wait until it is active enough to use, you can always make your bread and eat it too with this recipe.
My daughter has already made this bread three times and loves it. She toasts it and of course like any good Italian tops it with her favourite Hazelnut Spread.
The best thing about this bread is it’s made in one bowl, no heavy kneading needed and of course no rising time.
How to make No Yeast Bread
In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Then add the water and mix together, either with a fork or spatula.Sprinkle a flat surface with a little flour, place the dough on top and knead until smooth.
Gently flatten with the palm of your hand into an oval shape, then fold like an envelope. Sprinkle with flour if needed.
Then form into your preferred loaf shape and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake for about 25 minutes.
Let cool on a wire rack before serving.
Why cool bread on a wire rack?
Bread should be cooled on a wire rack and not in the pan because the loaf will become moist, soggy, and sponge-like quite quickly, because the moisture in the pan condenses onto the bread. So be sure to immediately move the bread to a wire rack to cool.
More Delicious No Yeast Recipes
So whenever you need or want a quick bread recipe, why not try this Homemade No Yeast Bread. Take Care!
Homemade Rustic No Yeast Bread
- 2 cups all purpose flour (250 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cup water (lukewarm no-chlorine)* (175 grams)
*Lukewarm temperature 80F (26F).
- Pre-heat oven to 425F (220C). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Then add the water and mix together, either with a fork or spatula.Sprinkle a flat surface with a little flour, place the dough on top and gently knead for a minute or two until smooth. Gently flatten the dough into a small rectangle with the palm of your hand and fold it like an envelope. Sprinkle with flour if needed.Then form into your preferred loaf shape, score the top and place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes then lower the temperature to 350F (180C) for another 10 minutes.Let cool on a wire rack before serving. Enjoy!
Updated from April 20, 2020.