Beer Bread, this delicious, easy to make Homemade bread is made with only 6 ingredients. Not too sweet, perfect anytime especially warm out of the oven. It will become a family favourite.
There’s nothing like homemade fresh bread, especially if it’s fast and easy and no yeast required! We have become lovers not only of this bread but also No Yeast Pizza Dough and a Simple Irish Soda Bread!
I don’t know about you, but I cannot believe it is already 2020! And here in Italy it is a big day celebrated with Lentils and Sausages.
Which hopefully brings you lots of riches in the coming year! And what better way to serve lentils then with a side of Beer Bread.
How to make Beer Bread
- In a medium bowl add sifted flour mixture and sugar, beer and part of the melted butter.
- Mix together with a wooden spoon just until combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and top with the remaining melted butter.
- Bake for approximately 55 – 60 minutes, check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Let the bread sit in loaf pan for about 5 minutes before removing.
- Then let sit 10 minutes before cutting.
So since we usually get together with friends, I decided to bring something a little different.
Looking in the fridge I saw a can of beer, and wondered “how did that not get drunk? And what can I make with it”?
After searching for a bit, I found this Easy to make Beer Bread. I had heard of it, but I have never made it. That definitely had to change.
I knew exactly what I was going to do with that can of beer!
How to make the best Beer Bread
- Use room temperature beer
- Be sure to sift the flour, it makes a lighter fluffier bread.
- Stir the ingredients just until combined, just like you do for muffins.
- Pour melted butter on the dough before baking.
- Let the bread sit in the loaf pan 5 minutes before removing.
- Then let the bread sit 10 minutes before cutting. Eat warm and savour every bite.
What beer to use
This Beer Bread I made it with an Italian Pale Lager, next time I go to Toronto I am going to try it with a Canadian Beer and see out that turns out.
If you like a stronger taste then how about trying a Guinness, or a craft beer or just your favourite beer should do.
What goes with Beer Bread?
- Warm out of the oven is delicious or even with a little butter on the side.
- Goes great with a bowl of soup.
- I like to serve it with some sliced cheese.
- How about your favourite dip?
If you have never made Beer Bread before but you are looking for something delicious and quick and easy, then this is definitely the bread for you! Enjoy and Happy New Year, I hope it’s the best year yet!
More Delicious Sweet Bread you may enjoy!
- Blueberry Streusel Loaf
- Best Homemade Lemon Bread
- Easy Cinnamon Raisin Bread
- Creamy Vanilla Frosted Coconut Pound Cake
Easy Homemade Beer Bread
- 3 cups flour (sifted)**
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can beer (12 ounces / 33 cl )(of choice / room temperature but not flat)
- 1/2 cup butter (melted / divided)
**I sifted the flour two times, the second time I sifted the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C), grease and flour an 9×5 inch loaf pan (23 x 12 centimeters)
- In a medium bowl add sifted flour mixture and sugar, beer and 1/4 cup of the melted butter. Mix together with a wooden spoon just until combined. (I did 18 stirs with a wood spoon).
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf pan top with the remaining 1/4 cup of melted butter and bake for approximately 55 – 60 minutes, check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Let sit in loaf pan for 5 minutes before removing, then let sit 10 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!
Updated from April 30, 2018.