Beer Bread, this delicious, easy to make Homemade bread is made with only 6 ingredients. Not too sweet, perfect anytime especially warm out of the oven. It will become a family favourite.
Easy Beer Bread
I don’t know about you, but I cannot believe it is already May! And here in Italy May 1st is a big holiday. Technically called Labour Day / La Festa dei Lavori or as most people now refer to it as May first / Primo Maggio.
Which means the beginning of summer, although the weather has started to warm up for a few weeks now! Summer veggies are planted and the flowers are looking pretty!
And of course the start of grilling season and outdoor eating.
So since our Primo Maggio is going to be a get together with friends, I decided to bring something a little different.
Looking in the fridge I saw a can of beer, and wondered “how did that not get drunk? And what can I make with it”?
After searching for a bit, I found this Easy to make Beer Bread. I had heard of it, but I have never made it. That definitely had to change.
I knew exactly what I was going to do with that can of beer!
How to make the best Beer Bread
- Use room temperature beer
- Be sure to sift the flour, it makes a lighter fluffier bread.
- Stir the ingredients just until combined, just like you do for muffins.
- Pour melted butter on the dough before baking.
- Let the bread sit in the loaf pan 5 minutes before removing.
- Then let the bread sit 10 minutes before cutting. Eat warm and savour every bite.
This Beer Bread I made with an Italian Pale Lager, next time I go to Toronto I am going to try it with a Canadian Beer and see out that turns out.
What goes with Beer Bread?
- Warm out of the oven is delicious or even with a little butter on the side.
- Goes great with a bowl of soup.
- I like to serve it with some sliced cheese.
- How about your favourite dip?
If you have never made Beer Bread before but you are looking for something delicious and quick and easy, then this is definitely the bread for you! Enjoy.
More Delicious Sweet Bread you may enjoy!
Easy Homemade Beer Bread
- 3 cups flour (sifted)**
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can beer (12 ounces / 33 cl )(of choice / room temperature)
- 1/2 cup butter (melted / divided)
**I sifted the flour two times, the second time I sifted the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C), grease and flour an 9x5 inch loaf pan (23 x 12 centimeters)
- In a medium bowl add sifted flour mixture and sugar, beer and 1/4 cup of the melted butter. Mix together with a wooden spoon just until combined. (I did 18 stirs with a wood spoon).
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared loaf pan top with the remaining 1/4 cup of melted butter and bake for approximately 55 - 60 minutes, check for doneness with a toothpick.
- Let sit in loaf pan for 5 minutes before removing, then let sit 10 minutes before cutting. Enjoy!