Creamy Vanilla Frosted Coconut Pound Cake an Easy, Moist perfect anytime Sweet Loaf. A Creamy Vanilla Frosting with a sprinkling of grated coconut makes it the tastiest.
Creamy Vanilla Frosted Coconut Pound Cake
My husband’s favourite anything would have to be Coconut. He loves it fresh, in a dessert, ice cream anyway.
What I have always wondered was, is it a fruit, nut or seed? Technically it is a called a Drupe. So what is a Drupe?
A drupe is a fleshy fruit with thin skin and a middle stone containing the seed, for example a plum, cherry, almond, or olive.
Although if you called it a fruit, seed or nut you wouldn’t be wrong, it is actually referred to as all these things.
When you go to the sea in Italy, fresh coconut is sold out of large plastic buckets filled with cold water. A couple of pieces for an euro. Delicious.
Coconut Pound Cake
I have actually made this pound cake a few times already it is so good. My eldest daughter came to visit as she had a stop over in Rome and like her father she is a lover of coconut.
So in their honour I went all out with the Coconut.
I mixed a good amount in the the batter and grated fresh coconut on top of the frosting. A simple easy to make Pound Cake that I hope you enjoy.
More delicious Coconut Recipes to Enjoy!
- 2 cups sugar (400 grams)
- 1 cup butter (softened) (225 grams)
- 3 cups cake flour ** (360 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup buttermilk ** (room temperature) (240 grams)
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups icing / powdered sugar (187.50 grams)
- 3 - 4 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4-1/2 cup flaked coconut
Pre-heat oven to 350°F (180°C), grease and flour 2 loaf pans (large and small)
- In a medium bowl add sifted flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add eggs one at a time and beat until smooth.
- To cup of buttermilk add vanilla and mix.
Alternately add milk and flour mixture to creamed mixtrure and beat to combine. (start and end with flour mixture). Fold in 3/4 cup flaked coconut.
Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake for approximately 50-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. (the smaller loaf will cook in less time check after 30 minutes approximately).
Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting. Enjoy!
In a small bowl combine icing sugar, cream and vanilla until creamy. Spread on cool cake and sprinkle with flaked coconut.
- ** To make Cake flour for every one cup of all purpose flour remove 2 tablespoons of flour and re fill with 2 tablespoons of corn starch.
- ** To Make Butter Milk, add one tablespoon of lemon juice to a one cup measurement and top with milk. Let sit 10 minutes.