Toasted Coconut Lemon Ice Cream, a deliciously fresh creamy Ice Cream just in time for Summer. No churn and just four ingredients makes this Coconut Lemon Ice Cream a refreshing Summer Treat.
Here we are back with round 2 of Ice Cream Week. As I said in my Coffee Chocolate Ripple Ice Cream Post, today I am featuring one of the Italian’s favourite ice creams.
Whenever we go out for Gelato, wherever or with whoever he always gets 2 flavours. One is Coconut and some other fruit ice cream. Sometimes Lemon or Melon but never ever any type of Chocolate ice Cream.
Obviously I never get fruit! Always, always chocolate of some kind. But after I made this I decided that it wasn’t half bad, actually it was really good. Ok it’s not chocolate but it is nice and refreshing and creamy. Perfect for a hot summer evening.
I thought the combination of Coconut and Lemon was interesting and even better would be toasted coconut. I bought a fresh piece of coconut and grated it myself, since all I could find was ground coconut and that wouldn’t work.
I placed the shredded coconut on a cookie sheet and baked it in the oven for approximately 10 minutes at 350°. I let it cool a bit, then I mixed some of it in the ice cream mixture and then in the freezer it went for approximately 4 hours.
Toasted Coconut Lemon Ice Cream
But I have to say toasting the coconut gave it a really nice flavour that was perfect with the lemon. So when I tasted it I was pleasantly pleased, it is one combination that I will surely repeat, especially during this long hot summer that has already started here in Italy.
When you are looking for a delicious satisfying Dessert this Summer, I think you will really like this Easy Toasted Coconut Lemon Ice Cream. Enjoy!
Toasted Coconut Lemon Ice Cream, an easy homemade ice cream recipe, a refreshing fresh coconut and lemon flavor dessert.
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk 175 ml
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup + 3 1/2 tablespoons cream/whipping cream 300 ml
- 2 1/2 tablespoons toasted coconut
- Pre-heat oven to 350° (180° celsius)
- On a cookie sheet place shredded coconut and bake for approximately 5-10 minutes or until golden (stir occasionally). Remove and let cool.
- Place a glass bowl and beaters in the freezer for approximately 20 minutes.
- Whip cream until stiff (be careful not to make butter).
- In a small bowl whisk together lemon zest, juice and sweetened condensed milk.
- Add a little whipped cream to the lemon/sweetened condensed mixture to make it easier to combine, then fold in the rest of the whipped cream mixture into the lemon/sweetened condensed milk mixture. Fold in the toasted coconut.
- Pour into a loaf pan 8x4 inch (20x10 centimeters).
- Either cover loaf pan in plastic or place in a large ziplock bag and freeze at least 3- 5 hours until frozen or even overnight. Enjoy!
We are also making this Ice Cream week even more awesome by having a giveaway with prizes from Rodelle – Vanilla, Cuisinart – An Ice Cream Maker, Zeroll – Ice Cream Scoop, Tovolo – Containers, Popsicle molds and a scoop and the Sweet Cream and Sugar Cones Cookbook plus some extra surprises.
So don’t forget to sign up for the giveaway.