This Creamy and Delicious No-Churn Ricotta Ice Cream is easy and only has four ingredients. Start the summer off right with a simple ice cream that will have everyone wanting seconds.
Being in Italy has made us a gelato loving family, nothing like a creamy scoop or two from our favourite gelateria in town, although we have been known to try a few in all our surrounding towns. But if you are looking for a really creamy homemade ice cream, then trust me on this, adding ricotta is the way to go.
I can usually keep a homemade ice cream in the freezer for a couple of days, but this! This was gone the first day.
How to make it
In a medium bowl whip the cream until stiff peaks form. In a medium bowl beat until smooth the ricotta and sweetened condensed milk.
Fold the whipped cream and ricotta mixture until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour into a freezer safe loaf pan and freeze for about 4-5 hours. Let sit a bit a room temperature until easier to serve.
What is the best ricotta cheese to use
I think it’s better to use cow’s milk ricotta rather than goat’s milk. Cow’s milk is much less stronger in taste than goat’s milk, which is what you want in an ice cream.
Different additions to use
For a simple ice cream you can add a teaspoon of vanilla, or why not add in some fresh chopped berries, such as strawberries, peaches, blueberries, raspberries or how about some chopped nuts?
How long does it last in the freezer
It will last for up to a couple of weeks, longer than that and the texture may become grainy with ice crystals. It should be kept in an airtight freezer safe container.
More Delicious Ice Cream Recipes
So if you are looking for an easy No-Churn Ice Cream Recipe then I hope you give this Ricotta Ice Cream a try and let me know what you think. Enjoy!
No-Churn Chocolate Chip Ricotta Ice Cream
- 1 cup cow's milk ricotta* (250 grams)
- 1 1/4 cups whole / heavy / whipping cream (cold from the fridge) (300 grams)
- 3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk (250 grams)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (divided) (88 grams)
*remove from the fridge 45 minutes before using and drain the cheese in sieve for about 20 minutes.
- In a medium / large bowl whip the cream until stiff peaks form.In a medium / large bowl beat until smooth the ricotta and sweetened condensed milk.
- Fold the whipped cream into the ricotta mixture until completely combined. Fold in about 3/4 of the chocolate chips. Pour into a freezer safe loaf pan, sprinkle the remaining chips on top. Freeze for about 4-5 hours or until firm. Let sit a bit a room temperature until easier to serve. Enjoy!