Brown Sugar Pinwheel Cookies, a crunchy deliciously sweet fast and easy cookie. The perfect dessert or snack treat.
Brown Sugar Cookies
Who doesn’t love cookies? As a kid I can remember absolutely loving cookies, but not homemade cookies, store-bought. I loved going to my friend’s house and eating Fudgee o and Pirate Peanut Butter Cookies.
I used to think she was the luckiest person because her Mom bought cookies! I think it was the time of the 70’s when bought was always better than homemade.Thank goodness now we know better and there is nothing like homemade.
I can still remember my Mom making these. They are so easy, whip up the dough which is almost a biscuit type dough.
Spread on the softened butter, sprinkle with a really good amount of brown sugar, roll it up, slice it up, bake until golden and there you have a simple but delicious crunchy, I-can’t-stop-eating-these-Brown-Sugar-Pinwheel-Cookies. Enjoy!
Brown Sugar Pinwheel Cookies
- 2 cups flour 250 grams
- 1 tablespoon baking powder 12 grams
- 1 teaspoon salt 5 1/2 grams
- 1/4 cup butter softened 60 grams
- 3/4 cup milk 185 grams
- 1 cup brown sugar 200 grams
- 1/3 cup butter softened 83 grams
- Pre- heat oven to 350 degrees (180 degrees). Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl with a whisk mix flour, baking powder and salt, with a pastry blender cut in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs, add milk and with a fork mix till mixture becomes a soft dough turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead just until dough is thoroughly combined.
- Roll dough out to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Spread with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar, pat down lightly. Starting with long end roll up tightly into a log, cut into approximately 1/4 or less inch slices. Place on prepared cookie sheets and bake for approximately 15 minutes or until golden. Enjoy!