Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies are a fast and easy drop cookie, made with dark chocolate, chopped walnuts and mini chocolate chips. So good you will be making these over and over.
Walnut Chocolate Chip Cookies
“These are one of the best Cookies you have ever made” a direct quote from my husband.
And yes he loves walnuts, actually any kind of nut! Mix them up with some chocolate chips in a soft drop cookie and he is all over them.
It’s was actually quite difficult for him to share. Whenever I bake I like to share, either with friends or family. I always know when something is way too good to share, when the Italian says “nope these will stay right where they are”!
Different Types of Cookies and Textures
- Bar Cookies such as these Lemon Cheesecake Squares
- Drop Cookies such as these Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- Fried Cookies such as these Deep Fried Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Molded Cookies such as these How to Make Molded Cookies
- No Bake Cookies such as these Peanut Butter Chocolate No Bake Cookies
- Refrigerator Cookies such as these very popular Thick Peanut Butter Cookies
- Rolled Cookies such as these Valentine Rolled Cookies
- Sandwich Cookies or try these 50+ of the Best Sandwich Cookies
- Pressed Cookies are so much fun to make check these out Cookie Press Cookies
I love making cookies, some are more time consuming. Sometimes you have to refrigerate the dough, sometimes you have to make cut outs,
and sometimes like these Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies all you do is mix them up and drop them by spoonfuls on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
All these different ways of making cookies produce delicious cookies but sometimes you want a cookie and you want it now!
So these Chocolate Chip Drop Cookies are perfect, especially when you add walnuts. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ounce dark chocolate (melted and cooled)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C), line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl beat on medium speed the butter and sugar until light and creamy approximately 5 minutes, then add the egg, vanilla and melted cooled chocolate and beat to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter mixture and combine with a wooden spoon or spatula, then fold in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoonfuls on prepared cookie sheet and bake approximately 10 minutes. Let cool completely before serving. Enjoy.
Deborah T Norling says
I just love when I see an email from you, it is such a treat.
Thank you for the amazing cookie recipes!
Hope to have time to bake in a few weeks and I’m sure you will get rave reviews of your recipes.
I have to say that I absolutely adore when you mention “The Italian” in your posts , ( loved the comment when you returned to Italy from Canada and you were relieved to see he’d remembered to take care of the plants and pets! )
I also enjoy your style of writing , it comes across in such a fun and friendly manner, just like chatting with friends.
Thank you again for all you share with us!
Hi Deborah, thanks so much for one of the nicest comments I have yet to receive. You make it all worth while. And glad you like the recipes. Let me know how the baking goes. Have a wonderful Sunday.
Bessie Anderson says
Pls indicate when the mini chocolate chips should be added. I made a batch & did not add the chips. I made a second batch & added the chips after the walnuts. Was that the point to add the chocolate chips?
Hi Bessie, sorry about that, I adjusted it, they should be added with the walnuts. Thanks Have a great Sunday.
Love trying otu italian cookies love this site.
Hi Carol thanks so much. Have a great week.