Cinnamon Cake Donuts, a fast and easy breakfast, dessert or snack. This soft delicious baked Doughnut is perfect anytime!
Cinnamon Cake Donuts, what can I say? I’m bringing 2 of my favourite things together, ok 3, I forgot the cake part. I thought with how fast time goes, can you believe Christmas is over already?
Before you know it, it will be summer. So I better add a couple of more recipes with one of my favourite spices, cinnamon, and what better way than baked donuts.
Donuts are quite popular in Italy but fried not baked. And yes I have had my share of those delicious treats also.
If you are looking for something homemade, fast, easy and delicious for breakfast, then I recommend Cinnamon Cake Donuts or if you like coffee then you might enjoy
Just think by the time you have a shower, get dressed, brush your teeth, get the car, drive to the donut shop you could have made and probably eaten one or two of these Yummy Cinnamon Cake Donuts.
The batter for these Cinnamon Cake Donuts is done by hand, no need to get out the beaters. And I added the Donut mixture to a pastry bag with a big icing tip attached to fill the donut pan, you can use a spoon but I found this way much easier.
I let them cool about 20 seconds before I removed them from the pan and then I immediately dipped the tops in the cinnamon sugar. Or you could let them cool, brush the tops with a little melted butter and then dip in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Or if you prefer plain that works too. Enjoy!
- 1 cup flour 125 grams
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder 3.75 grams
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda 1.25 grams
- pinch salt
- 1/3 cup sugar 75 grams
- 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon 3-4.5 grams
- 3 tablespoons butter melted 43.125 grams
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 2.5 grams
- 3 tablespoons greek yogurt 45 grams
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon milk 76.25 grams
- 2-3 tablespoons sugar 20-30 grams
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cinnamon 3-6 grams
- Pre-heat oven to 350°, grease and flour a 6 size donut pan.
- In a small pot melt butter and let cool.
- In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl whisk together egg, milk, yogurt, vanilla and melted butter until smooth.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix just until smooth.
- Place in a pastry bag and fill almost to the top the donut pan. Bake approximately 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl combine well the sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
- Remove from oven (flip them over) and almost immediately dip in cinnamon sugar topping or let cool then brush with melted butter (approximately 2 tablespoons/28.75 grams) and dip in topping. Enjoy!