When most of us think of Italy we think of pasta or pizza, although there are many more amazing Italian dishes. I have to admit Italy did give pizza a good name. So why not make an excellent alternative to pizza, calzone? A homemade calzone is almost like a pizza, except everything is cooked inside instead of outside. Extremely easy, just use store-bought pizza dough, or from a bakery. All you have to do is put it together, bake it and eat it. So the next time you are craving a pizza why not try this Calzone (quick and easy) instead? You will be glad you did! Buon Appetito!
- 1 ready made pizza dough store bought or bakery
- 1/2 cup of pancetta 60 grams, cubed
- 1/2 pepper sliced
- 5 mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes (in a can make sure just tomatoes), 200 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon basil 1/2 gram
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano 1/2 gram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt 1 1/2 grams
- 2 teaspoon olive oil 10 grams
- 1/2 cup mozzarella sliced or shredded (firm mozzarella not fresh), 120 grams
Pre heat oven to 450°- 480° (250° celcius)
In a small bowl combine, diced canned tomatoes, basil, oregano, salt and olive oil mix together.
On a medium size pizza pan, drizzle a little olive oil (approximately 1 teaspoon (5 grams)) place pizza dough on top, add in the following order, tomato mixture (spread evenly on 1/2 the pizza dough),pancetta, peppers, mushrooms and mozzarella, then pull the other half of the pizza dough to cover the mixture filled side and crimp the edges so that none of the filling escapes, drizzle with olive oil (approximately 1 teaspoon). Bake for approximately 15 minutes till golden, let sit 5 minutes before cutting. Buon appetito!