Spaghetti with Oven Dried Parmesan Tomatoes, a fast and easy Pasta made with oven baked fresh cherry or grape Tomatoes, sprinkled with Parmesan and blistered to perfection.
I can eat pasta morning, noon and night, I don’t but I could. And when you mix tomatoes and Parmesan cheese, I believe there is nothing better.
I have been known to have some pasta with my Parmesan Cheese. I just can’t get enough of that delicious amazing cheese.
The best thing about this Spaghetti with Oven Dried Parmesan Tomatoes dish is that you can dry out your tomatoes however much you want.
A little bit and just brown the Parmesan cheese until golden which I did the first time, but as I have mentioned before the Italian does not like mushy tomatoes.
So needless to say I oven dried mine for almost 40 minutes, leaving just a little juice.
Not a word was mentioned so it was a success! Italians take their food seriously don’t you know? My daughters liked both of the dishes, but decided that if they had to choose they preferred the extra drying.
With the extra drying there is more bite to the tomato, which for a tomato in my opinion is a good thing.
With all the tomato plants we have planted this year I think Spaghetti with Oven Dried Parmesan Tomatoes will become a weekly pasta dish in our house. Nothing better than Fresh Tomato Recipes!
And don’t forget the extra Parmesan cheese. Buon Appetito!
Spaghetti with Oven Dried Parmesan Tomatoes
- 22 cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided) (30 grams)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon oregano
- pinch or two hot pepper flakes if desired
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3 cups cooked spaghetti
- Parmesan cheese
- leaves chopped fresh basil
- Pre-heat oven to 375° (190° celsius), lightly grease a medium-sized baking dish or cookie sheet.
- Line the sliced cherry tomatoes (sliced side up) in baking dish, sprinkle with salt, oregano and hot pepper flakes, drizzle with 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, bake in hot oven for approximately 20-40 minutes (depending how dried you desire the tomatoes).
- Cook spaghetti al dente in salted boiling water, drain.
- In large pan add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and oven dried tomatoes, saute on low to medium heat for approximately 1-2 minutes, add spaghetti and toss gently, serve immediately with extra Parmesan cheese and freshly chopped basil. Enjoy!
Updated from May 20, 2015.