Strawberry Cream Cheese Strudel, a fast, easy and delicious Dessert, filled with Fresh Strawberries, Cream Cheese and Chocolate Chips.
If you know me at all you will know that I am an absolute lover of Puff Pastry. In Italy Pastry Dough is very popular and loved by all. No need to look in the frozen section of your supermarket. Nope, dough is only sold fresh.
From Pastry Dough, to Pie Dough to even Pizza Dough, oh yes and don’t forget Focaccia Dough.
I love Puff Pastry because you can always make the most amazing, quick and easy desserts. I have to say of all the desserts I make these are the ones that get eaten the quickest.
And by quick I mean 15 minutes and they are gone. This Strawberry Cream Cheese Strudel was no exception. It’s a wonder I was even able to make a video and take photos.
I love the combination of cream cheese and strawberries and why not add some chocolate for good measure?
My daughter kept following me around and asking, “are you done yet”? She is like a magnet to anything made with strawberries.
So when her father came home and took a look at what was left, he said “so it was good I see”. And yes it was, you can serve it plain or with a simple glaze. Enjoy!
Strawberry Cream Cheese Strudel
PUFF PASTRY FILLING
- 1 roll puff pastry (if frozen thaw)
- 4 ounces cream cheese (remove from fridge 30 minutes prior) 112 grams
- 1/4 cup icing / powdered sugar 31.25 grams
- 1 teaspoon vanilla 4.20 grams
- 1 cup chopped strawberries 166 grams
- 1/4 cup mini dark chocolate chips 43.75 grams
- 1/2 cup icing / powdered sugar 55 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 2.5 grams
- 2 tablespoons cream or milk 30 grams
PUFF PASTRY FILLING
- Pre heat oven to 375°F (190° C), line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until combined. Set aside.Roll puff pastry a couple of time with a rolling pin.Spread the cream cheese mixture down the middle evenly. Top with chopped strawberries and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Make slits in the side of the dough until you reach the filling (see video). Criss cross cut slits over mixture. Place on cookie sheet.In a small bowl beat together 1 egg and 1 tablespoon of water, brush top of pastry with mixture. Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Let cool and drizzle with vanilla glaze if desired. EnjoyVANILLA GLAZEIn a small bowl mix together powdered/icing sugar, vanilla and milk or cream (a little at a time) as you need to reach your desired thickness.
More Fast and Easy Puff Pastry Recipes!