A Classic Tiramisu becomes an easy made for two Valentine’s Day dessert.
A fast and easy dessert that is creamy and delicious.
The question is, can we really have too many Tiramisu recipes? And the answer is no, at least that is what the Italian says.
And I am proof of that, since Christmas this is the third Tiramisu I have made. I made one for our Christmas dessert and another one for the Italian’s birthday!
This Valentine’s Day Classic Tiramisu for Two is the third. The other two, I will post in a few weeks.
I made the filling egg free although Traditional Tiramisu does have egg in the filling. Italians believe the egg helps give the filling the creamy soft as a cloud texture.
You can also add a little liqueur of choice (such as Marsala, Rum, Coffee Liqueur, Orange, Chocolate or even Irish Cream) in the filling or in the coffee when dipping the lady fingers.
With or without alcohol, you decide.
How to store Tiramisu
Tiramisu can be made 1 to 2 days in advance and should be stored in refrigerator. Definitely refrigerate the Tiramisu Dessert at least 3-4 hours before serving.
Any left over Tiramisu should be refrigerated and never leave the dessert out for more than two hours.
It will keep for up to 4 days in total and leftovers should be refrigerated immediately. Tiramisu can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Where did Tiramisu Originate?
Tiramisu definitely is one of, if not the most popular dessert in Italy, and if you ask a lot of Italians they will certainly tell you the most popular in the world!
The origin of Tiramisu is often under discussion, some say the restaurant “Alle Beccherie” in Veneto and others the restaurant “Al Camín” in Treviso invented the dessert.
More Delicious Desserts with Mascarpone
The Main ingredients in Tiramisu
The main ingredients in Tiramisu are Lady Fingers, a strong coffee, usually espresso but it isn’t necessary. You can also use decaffeinated if desired.
Mascarpone which is a creamy Italian type of cheese, please do not substitute with cream cheese because then it is no longer Tiramisu!
Whole cream, which is cream with at least 30 percent fat.
A little bit of powdered sugar and of course unsweetened cocoa powder for sprinkling on the finished dessert.
So if you are looking for a quick and easy dessert for Valentine’s Day this year, I think these heart shaped No Bake Tiramisu for Two would be perfect. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
CLICK HERE TO SAVE THIS RECIPE TO MAKE LATER!
Valentine's Day Classic Tiramisu for Two
TIRAMISU CREAM FILLING
- 3/4 cup whole / whipping cream (cold from the fridge)
- 3/4 cup mascarpone (room temperature)*
- 1 tablespoon icing / powdered sugar
- 6-8 lady fingers
- 3-4 tablespoons strong coffee
- 1-2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
*Remove from the fridge 30 minutes before preparing.
TIRAMISU CREAM FILLING
- In a medium bowl add the cream, mascarpone and powdered sugar, beat on medium / high speed until thickened and creamy. Place in a pastry bag with a large round pastry tip.
- Either dip the Lady Fingers one at a time in a flat bowl containing the coffee or place 3-4 lady fingers (depending on size of cookies) on a plate and spoon the coffee over the cookies.
- Form a heart with the mascarpone filling on the coffee soaked lady fingers. Refrigerate at least 3 hours (can also be made the day before). Sprinkle with cocoa before serving. Decorate with chocolate dipped strawberries if desired. Enjoy!