Strawberry Tiramisu, a fast and easy no bake Dessert. Made with fresh strawberries, cream and mascarpone. No coffee or liqueur makes this the perfect dessert for everyone. An Italian Classic!
Nothing screams summer like spending a nice weekend at a cottage or eating berries, especially strawberries in my case .
Luckily for me I usually get to enjoy Strawberries twice a year. The first time in Italy, strawberries arrive in late April and early May and in Canada in early July.
More Delicious Strawberry Recipes:
- Easy Fresh Strawberry Mousse
- Easy Strawberry Cookies
- Strawberries and Cream Vertical Layer Cake
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Strudel
How to Make Strawberry Tiramisu:
- Dip the Italian Lady Finger cookies in the strawberry juice (turning to coat all the cookie with juice, but don’t leave them submerged in the juice), arrange the cookies on bottom of baking dish.
- Cover with half the cream mixture.
How to Clean Strawberries:
- Leave the stem on the strawberries when washing, it helps the strawberries absorb less water (make sure to never soak the strawberries in water).
- Place the strawberries in a large colander.
- Rinse the strawberries under cold water.
- Moving them gently with your hand to remove any dirt.
- Pat them dry with a paper towel.
This Strawberry Tiramisu calls for a homemade strawberry juice made with fresh strawberries, lemon juice, sugar and water. Any leftover juice will be perfect over ice cream or why not add some ice and a little sparkling water and enjoy a delicious refreshing cold drink.
So if you love Strawberries and you are looking for a refreshing no bake Dessert I hope you give this Easy Strawberry Tiramisu Recipe a try. Enjoy!
- 2 cups chopped strawberries (332 grams)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup cold water (118 grams)
- 1 pasteurized egg*
- 1 cup mascarpone (225 grams)
- 1 cup whole cream (220 grams)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons powdered sugar (sifted)
- 30 Italian Lady finger cookies (approximately)
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (166 grams)
*The egg can be left out if you wish.
- To make the strawberry juice: Clean and chop the strawberries into small pieces sprinkle with sugar, place strawberries, lemon juice and water in a blender, blend until smooth, pour into a bowl and set aside.
- To make the cream mixture: In a medium bowl beat the egg (if using) for approximately 30 seconds then add the sugar, mascarpone and cream, beat on medium until thickened. (approximately 5-10 minutes, you don't want it to be too thick or too thin, nice and creamy ).
- Putting it all together: Lady Finger Cookies (approximately 30 or more if needed) 1 baking dish (I used 10 x 7 inch / 26 x 17 cm).
- In a small bowl add half the strawberry juice to start,(you may have left over strawberry juice, which is great over ice cream or even add a little more sugar and it makes a great drink) dip the lady finger cookies in the juice (turning to coat all the cookie with juice, but don't leave them submerged in the juice) then arrange cookies on bottom of baking dish and cover with half the cream mixture, cover with the sliced strawberries, repeat cookies for another layer and cover with remaining cream mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours or even over night. Top with fresh strawberries before serving. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Updated from July 11, 2014.