Easy Strawberry Cookies made with Fresh Strawberries and baked in 15 minutes. One bowl, no beaters necessary, soft, delicious cookies. The perfect summertime cookie recipe. Drizzle with melted chocolate and make them extra special.
Ok I am still in strawberry mode. And before the season ends here in Italy, I knew I had to make a batch of Strawberry Cookies.
And to tell the truth I have been on a roll these days with “recipes the Italian won’t share” and yes these cookies are another on the list.
More Recipes that are too good to share!
I really hope you are not sick of strawberries yet, because I still have a couple of recipe waiting in the wings!
But these cookies I just had to post. 1. They are really good and make a great snack. 2. All you need is one bowl, a whisk and a spatula.
Easy Strawberry Cookie Ingredients
- Vegetable Oil
- All Purpose Flour
- Lemon Juice
- Baking Powder
and of course Fresh Strawberries
By the time strawberries are finished here in Italy I will be making my way to Canada to be re introduced to them for the start of the summer. So I might just have to think of a few more recipes.
Do you plant strawberries? I can remember every year I would plant my own Strawberries in Pots and my kids could not wait for the first strawberry to appear.
There is nothing like home grown strawberries especially in Strawberry Cookies. Enjoy!
And while you are at it why not plant a few tomatoes in pots too!
Easy Strawberry Cookies
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I use corn or sunflower oil)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped strawberries
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C) line 1 or 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg, juice, oil, vanilla and sugar, until well combined.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix until combined, gently mix in the chopped strawberries just until combined. Form into balls (approximately the size of a golf ball. Place on prepared cookie sheets, sprinkle with a little sugar and bake for approximately 15 minutes. Let cool completely and enjoy!