Easy Strawberry Cookies made with Fresh Strawberries and baked in 15 minutes. One bowl, no beaters necessary, soft, delicious cookies. The perfect summertime cookie recipe.
Sprinkle a little powdered sugar or drizzle with melted chocolate and make them extra special.
Easy Strawberry Cookies
I am now starting to get into strawberry mode. And since the season has just started here in Italy, I knew I had to make a batch of Strawberry Cookies again.
And to tell the truth I have been on a roll these days with “recipes the Italian won’t share” including Strawberry Cream Cheese Strudel , Chocolate Panna Cotta with a tasty Strawberry Topping and this popular Strawberry Mousse, of course these cookies are still on the list.
I really hope you are not sick of strawberries yet, because I still have a couple of recipe waiting in the wings!
But these cookies I just had to post. 1. They are really good and make a great snack. 2. All you need is one bowl, a whisk and a spatula.
How to Make Strawberry Cookies
In a large bowl whisk together the egg, juice, oil, vanilla and sugar, until well combined.
Add flour and baking powder and mix until combined.
Gently fold in the chopped strawberries just until combined.
Either form into balls or drop by spoonfuls (approximately the size of a golf ball.
Place on cookie sheets, sprinkle with a little sugar and bake for approximately 15 minutes.
Let cool completely.
Easy Strawberry Cookie Ingredients
- Vegetable Oil
- All Purpose Flour
- Lemon Juice
- Baking Powder
and of course Fresh Strawberries
How to Store Strawberry Cookies
The cookies should be stored in an airtight container. They can be left out at room temperature (if it isn’t too warm) over night. Longer than that they should be stored in the refrigerator. They will keep for up to a week.
Or they can be frozen in an airtight container or freezer bag. Cookies will last up to 3 months in the freezer.
By the time strawberries are finished here in Italy I will be making my way to Canada to be re introduced to them for the start of the summer. So I might just have to think of a few more recipes.
Do you plant strawberries? I can remember every year I would plant my own Strawberries in Pots and my kids could not wait for the first strawberry to appear.
There is nothing like home grown strawberries especially in Strawberry Cookies. Enjoy!
And while you are at it why not plant a few tomatoes in pots too!
Easy Strawberry Cookies
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil* (100 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar (112 grams)
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour (227 grams)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup chopped strawberries (140 grams)
*I use corn or sunflower oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C) line 1 or 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl whisk together the egg, juice, oil, vanilla and sugar, until well combined.
- Add flour and baking powder and mix until combined, gently mix in the chopped strawberries just until combined. Form into balls (approximately the size of a golf ball. Place on prepared cookie sheets, sprinkle with a little granulated sugar and bake for approximately 15 minutes. Let cool completely and enjoy! Dust with powdered sugar before serving if desired.