A rich, creamy and delicious Chocolate Panna Cotta topped with a fresh Strawberry sauce. It’s the perfect easy anytime Dessert.
Panna Cotta Recipe
The other day when I was thinking about what I was going to do for a Valentine’s Day post before it was too late and actually by blog standards, I am late!
I decided a simple Chocolate Panna Cotta Recipe would be just the thing.
What is Panna Cotta?
Panna cotta is a sort of Italian pudding, made by combining cream and sugar, heating them with gelatine and then letting it cool.
You then have the creamy delicious dessert.
How make Panna Cotta
- In a small pot add cold water and sprinkle in the powdered gelatine.
- Heat just until dissolved.
- Heat the cream and sugar just until you arrive at the boiling point.
- Immediately remove the pot from the heat, add the gelatine and melted chocolate
- Pour into 2-4 glasses, depending on size and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
I decided I wanted to go with the old standby ingredients, Strawberries and Chocolate.
When I first came to Italy I heard a lot about Panna Cotta but I really didn’t know what it was.
So what is it exactly? Exactly what the translation means and that is cooked cream. At first I have to admit I really didn’t like the sounds of it.
Different toppings for Panna Cotta
But just one taste and OMG it has got to be the creamiest, lightest dessert I have ever tasted.
How to Store Panna Cotta
Panna cotta can be kept in the refrigerator for 3-4 days at most, it should be covered with foil, or in an airtight container.
Chocolate Panna Cotta is such an easy dessert to make and when it is topped with a fresh strawberry topping it is the perfect special occasion treat. Enjoy!
Chocolate Panna Cotta with a Fresh Strawberry Topping
CHOCOLATE PANNA COTTA
- 1/2 tablespoon powdered gelatine
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups cream heavy/whole or whipping
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 ounces dark chocolate melted
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a small pot add cold water and sprinkle the gelatine on top, let stand one minute, then place the pot on low heat and heat until the gelatine has dissolved (1-2 minutes), then remove from heat.
- Melt chocolate either in the microwave or over a pot of boiling water.
- In a large pot add the cream and sugar, heat on medium / low heat just until the cream starts to boil, immediately remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the gelatine and vanilla and combine, then add the melted chocolate and combine well. Pour into 2-4 glasses (depending on size) and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or over night. Top with strawberry topping before serving. Enjoy!
- In a small pot add chopped strawberries sugar and water, bring to a boil over medium low heat (stirring occasionally) until thickened. Let cool before using as a topping or refrigerate until using.
Republished from February 3, 2018.