A rich, creamy and delicious Chocolate Panna Cotta topped with a fresh Strawberry sauce. It’s the perfect special day Dessert. From Valentine’s Day to Christmas and everything in between.
We have become a Panna Cotta loving family especially a Strawberry and Chocolate combination my easy Strawberry Chocolate Cake was a bit hit!
Panna Cotta Recipe
The other day when I was thinking about what I was going to do for a Valentine’s Day post before it was too late and actually by blog standards, I am late!
I decided a simple Chocolate Panna Cotta Recipe would be just the thing.
How make Panna Cotta.
- In a small pot add cold water and sprinkle in the powdered gelatine.
- Heat just until dissolved.
- Heat the cream and sugar just until you arrive at the boiling point.
- Immediately remove the pot from the heat, add the gelatine and melted chocolate
- Pour into 2-4 glasses, depending on size and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
I decided I wanted to go with the old standby ingredients, Strawberries and Chocolate.
To tell the truth I can take chocolate with just about anything. Although I do not like spicy and chocolate.
A couple of summers ago in Toronto I went to a Chocolate course and she gave out samples, one of them being chocolate and hot peppers, nope wasn’t for me!!! What do you think?
When I first came to Italy I heard a lot about Panna Cotta but I really didn’t know what it was.
So what is it exactly? Exactly what the translation means and that is cooked cream. At first I have to admit I really didn’t like the sounds of it.
But just one taste and OMG it has got to be the creamiest, lightest dessert I have ever tasted.
Chocolate Panna Cotta is such an easy dessert to make and when it is topped with a fresh strawberry topping it is the perfect special occasion treat. Enjoy!
More Chocolate Desserts.
Chocolate Panna Cotta with a Fresh Strawberry Topping
CHOCOLATE PANNA COTTA
- 1/2 tablespoon powdered gelatine
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 ounces dark chocolate melted
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a small pot add cold water and sprinkle the gelatine on top, let stand one minute, then place the pot on low heat and heat until the gelatine has dissolved (1-2 minutes), then remove from heat.
- Melt chocolate either in the microwave or over a pot of boiling water.
- In a large pot add the cream and sugar, heat on medium / low heat just until the cream starts to boil, immediately remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the gelatine and combine, then add the melted chocolate and combine well. Pour into 2-4 glasses (depending on size) and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or over night. Top with strawberry topping before serving. Enjoy!
- In a small pot add chopped strawberries sugar and water, bring to a boil over medium low heat (stirring occasionally) until thickened. Let cool before using as a topping or refrigerate until using.