You can’t get any better than a Homemade Caramel Sauce unless you add a little Maple Syrup! Creamy and delicious. The perfect Topping.
So I was all set to share a delicious Apple Sweet Loaf with a crumb topping that I also drizzled with this delicious creamy Maple Caramel Sauce, but …
I realized that I hadn’t shared this Maple Caramel Sauce yet!
I did make an easy version of a Caramel Sauce made with Sweetened Condensed Milk, that I made for my daughter’s No Bake Skor Cheesecake with Caramel Drizzle.
It’s fast and easy, but if you are looking for a Delicious, Creamy Homemade Caramel Sauce than this is the one. And it’s not very difficult to make.
Just patience and time.
And don’t worry thinking that it is so thin once it is cooked. It will definitely lighten and thicken while it is cooling.
How to Make Homemade Caramel Sauce with Maple Syrup
- In a heavy saucepan add the maple syrup and brown sugar
- Heat on low/medium heat until boiling
- Continue on a low boil until temperature reaches 235F
- Stirring every 2 minutes with a wood spoon,
- Remove from heat, stir in the butter until melted
- Stir in the cream and combine well
- Pour the sauce into a jar and let cool completely
- The sauce will thicken as it cools
More Delicious Maple Syrup Recipes
- Maple Caramel Apple Cheesecake
- Maple Glazed Pumpkin Cinnamon Cake
- Maple Glazed Brown Sugar Cinnamon Scones
- Baked Apple Butter Cake Donuts with Maple Frosting
How to Store Homemade Caramel Sauce
The cooled sauce should be well covered and stored in the refrigerator, it will last up to two weeks. Stir well before serving.
The sauce can also be frozen in an airtight container (not glass), it will keep up to 3 months. De frost overnight in the refrigerator, stir well before using.
As you can see this is not a Salted Caramel Sauce, because I am not a lover of the stuff. I prefer my Caramel Sauce just that! Ok the addition of the maple syrup really brought it up a notch.
But if you do like a salted caramel combination, then just stir in a teaspoon (more or less) of salt after adding the cream, then pour into the glass jar.
Caramel sauce is perfect on ice cream, or fresh berries or why not drizzle a bit on your pancakes or whipped cream Pumpkin Pie for Thanksgiving? Enjoy.
Homemade Maple Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (real maple syrup)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2-4 tablespoons brown sugar (I found the 4 tablespoons too sweet)
- 1/4 cup whole / whipping cream
- In a heavy saucepan add the maple syrup and brown sugar, heat on low/medium heat until boiling, place candy thermometer in the pot and continue on a low boil until temperature reaches 235F (112C), stirring every couple of minutes with a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat, add the butter and stir until melted, add the cream and combine. Pour into glass jar, the sauce will thicken as it cools. Once cool cover tightly and store in the refrigerator. Stir well before serving. Enjoy.