Maple Glazed Brown Sugar Cinnamon Scones an easy delicious recipe. These tasty soft scones are better than anything bought. The perfect Breakfast treat, serve with a tasty Real Maple Glaze.
Brown Sugar Cinnamon Scones, I think I could eat one of these scones every day, I love them, and the other person in the family who would stand by me and eat one too, now lives in Toronto.
But and I honestly have to say that other two members of the family were not so convinced about scones, until I made these amazing Maple Glazed Brown Sugar Cinnamon Scones. They are sooo good.
How to make Cinnamon Scones
- In a medium bowl beat the eggs, then beat in the cream, brown sugar and vanilla.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Then cut in the butter until you have a coarse crumb mixture.
- Make a well in the centre and add the beaten egg mixture, stir just until combined.
- Turn onto a floured flat surface and knead gently into an 8 inch circle.
- Place the circle on the prepared cookie sheet and cut into 8-10 triangles.
- Separate the scones so they aren’t touching.
- Brush with a little milk, sprinkle with sugar and bake for approximately 14-16 minutes. Let cool completely before glazing.
I have just converted the Italian and our youngest daughter to Scones!
I wanted to make the perfect Fall Scone, full of Autumn flavour and what could say more Fall than Maple Syrup, Cinnamon and Brown Sugar?
Mix them all together and you have the Best Cinnamon Scones.
And an added bonus your house smells amazing too.
I decided to substitute white sugar for brown sugar because I love the taste combination with Cinnamon, and I love Brown Sugar.
I also discovered the addition of some half and half cream makes these richer and a little moister.
More Brown Sugar Recipes to Enjoy!
I actually made these for an afternoon snack but then they disappeared so quickly I made them again with breakfast in mind and of course don’t forget the Maple Syrup Glaze.
How to Store
The scones should be stored in an airtight container, if you store them at room temperature then they should be eaten within 2 days.
If you store them in the fridge, then they will last up to a week.
How to Freeze Scones
Place the cooled scones in an airtight container or freezer bag. The scones will maintain the best quality for about 2 to 3 months. To defrost them, leave them in the bag or container and defrost at room temperature for 2-3 hours before serving.
They can also be frozen unbaked. Freeze first on a baking sheet then move to freezer safe bag or container. They can be baked frozen (let them sit out while the oven is pre-heating). They will need a few more minutes of baking time.
And if you ask me they would make the perfect addition to a Holiday Brunch. Enjoy!
Delicious Recipes with Maple Syrup Glaze.
Maple Glazed Brown Sugar Cinnamon Scones.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt*
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half cream
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
*If using unsalted butter then add 1/4 teaspoon salt.
MAPLE SYRUP GLAZE
- 1/2 cup powdered / icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 tablespoon cream half and half
- Pre-heat oven to 375°, line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, then beat in cream, brown sugar and vanilla.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Then cut in butter until you have a crumb mixture. Make a well in the centre and add the beaten egg mixture, stir just until combined.
- Turn onto a floured flat surface and knead gently into an 8 inch circle. Place on prepared cookie sheet and cut into 8-10 triangles, separate the scones, so they aren't touching. Brush with a little milk, sprinkle with sugar and bake for approximately 14-16 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting.
MAPLE SYRUP GLAZE
- In a small bowl combine powdered sugar, vanilla and maple syrup if it is too thick add 1/2 tablespoon of half and half, mix until smooth.
Updated from September 22, 2017.