Brown Sugar Cookies a delicious alternative to regular Sugar Cookies, these are fast, easy and so good. Made with only 6 ingredients made and baked in 20 minutes.
When I first moved to Italy, I missed everything from my homeland, Canada. I missed my family, friends, my Mom’s Cooking and of course Her Baking, my job, my busy, busy city and oh let’s not forget the malls!
Looking back now I wonder how the heck I did it. Needless to say, it was all worth it, I have a good husband and 2 amazing and beautiful daughters. But those first few years were so difficult (who am I kidding probably the first 20 years!).
To tell the truth, it’s still very hard sometimes, especially with my eldest daughter who has moved to Canada. And how wonderful that I am here now visiting with her.
If it wasn’t for visits from family and friends, I’m sure it would have been unbearable. I was always so elated to hear we were going to have visitors and even more elated when I heard those magic words “would you like us to bring something for you from Canada?”
Would I? I thought you would never ask, and if they didn’t ask, I wouldn’t hesitate to request a goody-bag.
Brown Sugar Cookies
One of my top requests was always brown sugar. Brown sugar isn’t available there, there’s only cane sugar.
And then when I learned that I could make my own brown sugar with molasses, oh that was a happy day for me.
By the way, molasses isn’t available there either, but it fits better in a suitcase and it lasts longer. And yes it is on my list.
The reason brown sugar was always on the top of my list was because I love to make these Easy Brown Sugar Cookies. A dear friend of mine sent me this recipe the first year I got married.
They’re so delicious and they’re even better since I started to drizzle some semi-sweet chocolate over them. So I hope these brown sugar cookies bring you a little bit of the comfort and good feelings that they brought me. Enjoy!
- 2 cups + 1 tablespoon flour 275 grams
- 2 teaspoon baking powder 10 grams
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon butter 75 grams
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar 100 grams
- 1 teaspoon vanilla 5 grams
- 1/4 cup margarine 60 grams
- In a small bowl, beat eggs, brown sugar and vanilla together, set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together till crumbly the flour, baking powder, salt and butter/margarine, make a well in the centre , add the beaten egg mixture from the small bowl, make a dough. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refridgerate for approximately 20-30 mintues.
- Bake in pre heated oven 325° (160°) for 10 -12 minutes. Let cool then drizzle with melted semi sweet chocolate. (I melted the chocolate, approximately 2 ounces (70 grams) in a plate over a pot of boiling water, then I put the melted chocolate in a plastic bag and cut a small hole and drizzled the chocolate). Enjoy!