This decadent No Bake Cheesecake with an easy Caramel Drizzle and crushed Skor Bars is so creamy and delicious it will be your new favorite dessert!
No Bake Caramel Cheesecake
Whenever birthdays arrive in our house I always let them choose their cake. With one stipulation, nothing overly decorated! Or it will be a complete disappointment.
It might taste good but it won’t look good. 🙂
Last weekend we had two wonderful things to celebrate. Our youngest daughter’s 18th birthday and our eldest daughter came home to visit for a week.
In Italy an 18th birthday is a big deal. That’s when you can drive, vote and drink, legally that is.
My daughter is not too interested in driving at the moment and she says she doesn’t like the taste of alcohol (let’s hope) but vote she did!
She also decided that this year a No Bake Cheesecake was the dessert of choice. And since her sister was coming she could bring her a couple of packages of mini Skors and …
No Bake Cheesecake
I could make a caramel sauce and that would be her perfect 18th birthday cake to celebrate with family.
Finding Caramel Sauce in Italy is pretty well impossible. I bought one that I thought would work and it was horrible. It almost tasted burnt.
But thank goodness they do have sweetened condensed milk and believe me that is one of the most delicious caramel sauces I have ever tasted. And a lot cheaper than bottled.
How to make a fast and easy Caramel Sauce.
- Purchase a tin of sweetened condensed milk.
- Do not uncover the can, leave it sealed.
- Place the can in a big pot of water that covers the can by at least 2-3 inches.
- Place pot on heat and heat to a medium / high simmer. Make sure the can is always covered with at least 2 inches of water.
- Let simmer for 3 hours.
- Remove the can from the pot and leave to cool for 8 hours or overnight. Do not open before. (I have heard of exploding cans).
- Apparently it can keep up to two weeks in the fridge. Mine didn’t last that long.
More Delicious Cheesecake Recipes
Naturally when you make a no bake cheesecake you usually and should make a crumb crust because a baked crust will just become soggy because of the higher fat content in a no bake.
I was already to make the Birthday Cake when I realized I forgot to buy digestive cookies for the crumb base. But thank goodness the Italian loves his tiramisu and I had a package of Savoiardi cookies.
And by the way what a delicious mistake that was. Not too sweet. And everyone asked for a second piece! Enjoy.
Skor No Bake Cheesecake with Caramel Drizzle
- 1 1/2 cups cookie crumbs **
- 1/4 cup butter (melted)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup powdered / icing sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup whole / whipping cream
- 1/4 cup skor bits
- caramel sauce (as much as desired)
- 1 cup broken skor bars
** I like to use digestive cookies, although I found savoiardi (lady fingers) a really good alternative.
- Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter, press down on the bottom of a 7 - 8 inch (17 - 20 centimeters) springform cake pan (or line a regular cake pan with plastic wrap). Place in refrigerator for at least 20 - 30 minutes.
- Beat cold cream until stiff peaks appear, set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- Fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream until well combined. Fold in the skor bits.
- Remove the cookie base from the fridge, pour the cheesecake filling on top, then cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 4-5 hours or better over night.
- Before serving drizzle with caramel sauce and top with broken skor bars, serve. Enjoy!