Seven Layer Brownie Cheesecake Parfait is a delicious decadent no-bake Cheesecake Parfait. Layers of brownie bites, creamy cheesecake, homemade chocolate glaze, toasted coconut and more. This Brownie Cheesecake Parfait is your Perfect Dessert.
Parfait, where does it come from and what does it mean? The French were the first to make a Parfait, which means Perfect in English. The French Parfait is more like ice cream, made with cream, sugar and eggs.
It was thanks to the Americans who decided to change it up a bit by layering ice cream, fruit, cookies, yogurt and even granola in tall glasses.
So basically what it comes down to is, when making your own homemade Parfait anything goes. Add your favourite ice cream, yogurt, crushed cookies, or cake, fruit or chocolate and start layering.
My reason for making this delicious, decadent No-Bake Seven Layer Brownie Cheesecake Parfait, was for a couple of reasons. One, my oven broke!
Well not completely, it refuses to make a cake. At first I thought it was me, but even when I made my tried and true Yogurt Cake and Chocolate Ricotta Cake they came out flat as a pan cake, apparently the temperature is way off, sooooo new oven for me.
And since we were having friends over for dinner, and you can’t have dinner without a dessert! I decided a No-Bake Dessert was on the menu.
Seven Layer Brownie Cheesecake Parfait
My Italian friends and family go absolutely crazy for cheesecake and seven layer bars (also known as Hello Dollies)! Parfaits aren’t big here so I thought I would combine what they love into something different.
I really wanted to give it a Seven Layer Bar feel, so since I didn’t want to bake it, but I decided that the chocolate ganache had to have some unmelted chocolate chips just like the bars, and I wanted that baked coconut taste so next best thing? Toast it!
Simple and easy, and of course I could not find shredded coconut, seems my grocery store only carries ground coconut. I shredded fresh coconut myself. Ahhh what we won’t do for a dessert! Baked it in the oven for about 10 minutes and it tasted and worked perfectly.
An absolute, perfectly decadent dessert when combined with the creamy cheesecake filling and a homemade dark chocolate ganache, sprinkle on the toasted coconut and ground nuts, oh yeah lets not forget some extra mini dark chocolate chips and Yup it was gooood! Grab a spoon and enjoy!
Seven Layer Brownie Cheesecake Parfait
- 8 ounces cream cheese (I used 3 ounces (85 grams) regular cream cheese and 5 ounces (140 grams) light cream cheese). (225 grams)
- 3/4 cup sugar (170 grams)
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla (3.15 grams)
- 1 cup cream whole or whipping cream (240 ml)
- 1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips (dark chocolate) divided (225 grams)
- 1/2 cup whole / whipping cream (116 grams)
- 1/4 cup butter (57 grams)
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut (20 grams)
- 1/4 cup ground nuts (25 grams)
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (45 grams)
- 1 Store bought or homemade Brownie or Rich Chocolate Cake, cut into cubes
- Place beaters and glass bowl in freezer for approximately 15-20 minutes. Remove cream cheese from fridge.
- Heat butter and cream until butter is melted, mix together, add 3/4 cup of the chips and stir until smooth, let cool about 5 minutes then add the rest of the chips (1/2 cup) (you want some chips to stay whole) set aside.
- Remove beaters and bowl from freezer and beat cream until stiff. Set aside.In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream and gently combine.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°, place shredded coconut (I bought fresh coconut and shredded it myself) on a non stick cookie sheet and bake for approximately 5-10 minutes or until golden, remove from oven and let cool.
PUTTING PARFAITS TOGETHER
- Using 4 medium to large glasses start with a couple of tablespoons of cheesecake filling, chocolate glaze, then a few brownie cubes, cheesecake filling, chocolate glaze, brownie cubes, a sprinkle of toasted coconut, nuts and chocolate chips. Refrigerate 3-5 hours or better over night. Enjoy!