No-Bake Brownie Cheesecake Parfait is a delicious decadent dessert. Layers of brownie bites, creamy cheesecake, homemade chocolate glaze, toasted coconut, and more. This Brownie Cheesecake Parfait is your Perfect Dessert.
No-bake desserts are one of my favourite because why turn on the oven if you don’t have to? Especially during the summer when it’s hot – when it gets to be August the last thing I want to do is turn on the oven.
This brownie cheesecake parfait is the perfect no-bake dessert. It’s has layers of cheesecake filling, brownies, chocolate, and coconut. The best combination of flavors and texture.
What Is a Parfait?
Parfait, where does it come from and what does it mean? The French were the first to make a Parfait, which means Perfect in English. The French Parfait is more like ice cream, made with cream, sugar, and eggs.
It was thanks to the Americans who decided to change it up a bit by layering ice cream, fruit, cookies, yogurt, and even granola in tall glasses.
So basically what it comes down to is, when making your own homemade Parfait anything goes. Add your favourite ice cream, yogurt, crushed cookies, or cake, fruit or chocolate and start layering.
My Italian friends and family go absolutely crazy for cheesecake and seven-layer bars (also known as Hello Dollies)! Parfaits aren’t big here so I like to make them when we have guests for dinner as a special surprise.
I really wanted to give it a Seven Layer Bar feel, so since I didn’t want to bake it, but I decided that the chocolate ganache had to have some unmelted chocolate chips just like the bars, and I wanted that baked coconut taste so next best thing? Toast it!
All of those layers together is an ultimate no bake dessert! This seven layer brownie cheesecake parfait recipe is a special treat and everyone scrapes their glasses clean when I make it.
- Cream cheese
- Granulated Sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cream – whipping, whole or heavy (at least 30% fat)
- Mini chocolate chips – I like dark chocolate chips, but you can use milk chocolate or semi-sweet.
- Butter – salted
- Toasted coconut – I’ve included how to toast coconut in the recipe card.
- Ground nuts – walnuts, almonds, pecans, or peanuts are great.
- Brownies or Rich Chocolate Cake cut into cubes
Place the butter and cream in a saucepan and warm them over medium heat. Once the butter is melted add some of the chocolate chips and stir until the mixture is smooth.
Cool the chocolate mixture for five minutes and then add the rest of the chips and stir.
Pour heavy cream into the a mixing bowl. Whip it with the beaters until stiff peaks form,
In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until smooth. Carefully fold the cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream until combined.
How to Assemble No Bake Cheesecake Parfait
You will need four medium to large glasses or if you prefer you can make smaller ones using 6-8 glasses. There are no rules, but this is how I like to layer the ingredients to make the parfaits:
- Spoon a couple tablespoons of the cheesecake filling in each glass.
- Add some chocolate sauce and top it with some cubed brownies.
- Add more cheesecake followed by more chocolate and brownies.
- Sprinkle toasted coconut over the top.
- Garnish with ground nuts and mini chocolate chips.
Refrigerate the cheesecake parfaits for three to four hours before serving.
An absolute, perfectly decadent dessert when combined with the creamy cheesecake filling and a homemade dark chocolate ganache, toasted coconut and ground nuts, oh yeah let’s not forget some extra mini dark chocolate chips. Yup, it’s gooood! Grab a spoon and enjoy!
More No-Bake Desserts
Easy No-Bake Brownie Cheesecake Parfait
- 8 ounces cream cheese* softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup cream whole/whipping cream or heavy
* I used 3 ounces (85 grams) regular cream cheese and 5 ounces (140 grams) light cream cheese.
- 1/2 cup whole / whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cups mini chocolate chips (dark chocolate) divided
- 1/4 cup toasted coconut
- 1/4 cup coarsely ground nuts
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (milk or semi sweet)
- 1 Store bought or homemade Brownie or Rich Chocolate Cake, cut into cubes
- Heat butter and cream until butter has melted, stir to combine, add 3/4 cup of the chips and stir until smooth, let cool about 5 minutes then stir in the remaining chips (1/2 cup) (you want some chips to stay whole) set aside.
- Remove beaters and bowl from freezer and beat cream until stiff. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Fold cream cheese mixture into whipped cream and gently combine.
- Pre-heat oven to 350F (180C), place shredded coconut (I bought fresh coconut and shredded it myself) on a non stick cookie sheet and bake for approximately 5-10 minutes or until lightly golden, remove from the pan to a clean bowl to cool.
PUTTING PARFAITS TOGETHER
- Using 4* medium to large glasses start with a couple of tablespoons of cheesecake filling, chocolate ganache, then a few brownie cubes, cheesecake filling, chocolate ganache, brownie cubes, a sprinkle of toasted coconut, nuts and chocolate chips. Refrigerate 3-5 hours or better over night. Enjoy!
* You could use smaller glasses and make 6-8.
Republished from June 3, 2016.
Cassie Stanford says
If you want to make literally one of the best desserts ever then you found it. I did serve with strawberries and raspberries.
Hi Cassie, thanks so much, so glad you enjoyed it. Take care and have a great week!
Mama Hen says
Wow! This is another one I will have to try! 🙂
Thanks again, this is a really good one!
OMG! I am running to my kitchen to check. Yes! I do believe I have everything I need to make this scrumptious treat for dessert! Doing it! Thanks Rosemary!
Hi Diane, thanks and I hope you enjoyed it!
Megan @ MegUnprocessed says
What a pretty summer dessert!
Lane & Holly @ With Two Spoons says
This looks amazing, can’t wait to try this! Decadent!
Thank you it was really good.
olivia @ livforcake says
This looks amazing Rosemary! I am seriously loving all the delicious layers. I love how easy is is to make too :).
Thanks Olivia, it was really good!
No bake. Cheesecake. Brownie. PERFECTION. I love every little thing about these! I cannot wait to try them out!
Hi Karly, thanks hope you enjoy it, let me know.
Marisa Franca @ All Our Way says
This is so totally unfair!! I put the blame entirely on you — well, also my lack of will power. I have GOT to make this ASAP. I’m really sorry about your oven — we couldn’t do without ours but making lemonade out of the lemon you were tossed you get a new oven and I get a new delicious recipe to try. Guess you, me and your guests all won out 🙂 Have a great Sunday!
Hi Marisa, haha thanks, yeah it is a good one. I love chocolate and cheesecake, so there you go. 🙂